Yesterday, I discussed why real estate agents are a great place to focus your 1040 tax resolution marketing efforts, due to their common failure to make estimated tax payments.
Today, let’s delve into one of the best ways to get to know real estate agents so that they become your clients and referral partners.
There are obviously many ways to network with people in any given profession, but certain professions lend themselves better to specific marketing strategies over others. When it comes to real estate agents, and getting them to know, like, and trust you (KLT), there’s one marketing strategy that stands out above all others, and has for decades: Public speaking.
Why does public speaking work so well for lead generation with real estate agents?
Because, just like tax professionals, it’s common and normal for real estate agents to naturally assemble themselves together in a room.
Seriously. That’s entirely what it boils down to.
Here are just some of the ways in which real estate agents gather:
- Weekly sales meetings at their brokerage offices.
- Roving home tours of new listings.
- Local Board of Realtors meetings.
- Continuing education classes.
- Technology demonstrations.
- Conventions and conferences.
…and more. Again, it’s very parallel to how WE behave.
After reading that, your first thought might be, “Yeah, but there’s no way they’ll get together to hear somebody talk about taxes.”
Wrong, my friend! Two quick examples…
First example: One of our veteran Tax Resolution Academy® members in Sacramento, CA, Mike Ornelas, EA, has been using this tactic successfully to get new tax resolution clients from Realtors in his area for a couple years, by delivering “Tax Talks” directly to the real estate agents.
Second example: Ever heard of a little newsletter called the Tax Reduction Letter from the Bradford Tax Institute? This company generates millions of dollars a year in revenue by having traveling salespeople deliver 2-hour presentations on tax savings for the self-employed at Board of Realtor offices all over the country. It’s one of the primary sales channels for their business.
Bottom line: It works.
I realize that your next thought is going to be something about COVID-19. Well, guess what? Just like tax pros, those real estate agents still need to complete their CE. They’re selling homes at a record pace, during the pandemic. They’re still holding sales meetings. They’re still having speakers, just via Zoom instead of face-to-face. And when this is all over, and we return to face-to-face meetings, you’ll be glad to have done your first few presentations virtually.
To help you get started getting new clients by speaking in front of real estate agents, Dan Henn’s Real Estate Tax Pro Toolkit contains specific templates and checklists for getting clients with this marketing strategy, including:
- A PowerPoint presentation specifically to present to agents about taxes.
- A template to create your bio to send with your speaking engagement request.
- A template letter to request speaking engagements with brokers and boards.
- A complete checklist of do’s and don’ts, things to bring, and questions to ask to ease your way through every speaking gig.
- An elegant appointment form to pass out and schedule initial consultations, right then and there in the room (obviously modify for Zoom meetings).
- From yours truly, a detailed training video demonstrating how to get set to teach qualifying real estate agent CE to attract even more attendees.
- Complete marketing guide to get speaking engagements AND help you close on new appointments.
To get these items, and much more, in the complete kit, and get it at a 40% discount, head on over to: